navbar

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO http://katethemel.com/blog

28 October 2016

New Work: HOME

Viewpoints 9 is starting our 4th cycle of challenges. Each artist will choose a word and the rest of us will interpret it into a finished piece of fiber art measuring 18"x 36". Our first word: HOME.
 
My studio is where I feel most at home. It's a place where I can dance around, sing, talk to myself, swear, drop things on the floor. I can express myself without worrying about having nice manners. I never need to dress up to spend a day in the studio. Blue jeans or pajamas, it's all good.


"Home Turf" is a depiction of the free-motion quilting foot on my sewing machine. It was made using cut up pieces of hand-dyed fabrics, layered together and stitched with free motion quilting.
 
 
Visit the V9 blog to read about this and all the challenge pieces in today's gallery http://www.viewpoints9.com/single-post/2016/10/28/Home-Turf

1 comment:

  1. The intricacies that you achieve is truly amazing! What a great piece!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!