navbar

09 June 2013

Finished: New Work, “Dogwood II”

2013-06-07 01.43.50

Here she is.  I’m happy to report Dogwood II (finished size 20”H x 38”W) is headed across the country to its new owner.  This one, along with Magnolias III (summer is the time for sequels), satisfy my self imposed May 30th’s deadline.  I’m counting them as one major work, since they are at least 36” x 36” put together.

Dogwood was inspired by one of the trees in my front yard, which happens to be in bloom these past few weeks.  The quilt is made with hand dyed and batik fabric, as well as a few layers of plain white for the flowers.  Details were added with free motion stitching.  I used a variegated brown-gray-black thread for the branches.

2013-06-07 01.39.15

So what’s next on the design board?  I should go back to the “Then and Now” challenge and finish those tulips.  But all these flowers lately, I’m kinda longing for another city scene!

Just in time, City Quilter just announced a design challenge based on Grand Central Terminal.  Deadline is August 21, 2013.  Hmmm.  That would coincide nicely with my next major deadline.  But then again, I still have this tattoo theme running in the back of my mind.

So many ideas, so little time…!

5 comments:

  1. Kate, it's really lovely! Dogwoods and magnolia's are some of my favorite flowers. You've really captured the etheral feeling of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly beautiful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!