navbar

29 December 2012

New Work: “Masked Self Portrait”

This week Viewpoints 9 unveiled our 5th challenge “Masks”.  This one is mine. 

Themel_Mask (2)

I’ve spent most of my life hiding from photos, preferring to be the one BEHIND the camera.  Case in point:  Here are 2 pictures of me. One from 1992 and one from 2012.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

2portraits

To find out more about all the challenge pieces on the Viewpoints9 blog:
http://viewpoints9.blogspot.com/

 

2 comments:

  1. Your self portrait is wonderful! I did pop over and saw the other pieces, all of which are great, but yours really speaks to me. Maybe it is because I love photography too, as well as fabric art. In any case, your piece is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!