navbar

10 November 2012

New Year’s Eve in NYC - DONE!

It was down to the wire, but I finished “NYC” in time for my first self-imposed deadline.  Here’s the proof:
Themel_NYCfinished_SM
I’m so happy to have it done on time, but more importantly I feel good that it meets my criteria for a major work.  If I had this in September I would have entered it into QN.  Who knows, maybe this will be a good candidate for next year’s Art Quilt Elements!

For now I don’t have any specific show I plan to enter it, other than my solo show at the Funky Monkey.  Stop by and see it in person next month!

The Funky Monkey Café & Gallery
130 Elm Street
Watch Factory Shoppes
Cheshire, CT 06410
www.thefunkymonkeycafe.com


Themel_NYCdetail_SM

The next major work will be a Connecticut-themed piece, which I hope to enter into SAQA CT's regional exhibition "Local Color".  Stay tuned for updates
:-)

3 comments:

  1. You really did GREAT on this one. The fabric choices work wonderfully. I feel I am there looking down the street. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, this is beautifully done! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!