navbar

10 October 2012

“Morgan’s Flight” Accepted into Quilt National ‘13!

Morgan’s Flight will be flying to Ohio next year, for Quilt National 2013 at the Dairy Barn Arts Center.  I’m so thrilled!  Mine was one of 85 pieces chosen for Quilt National 2013. Artists from all over the USA and around the world participate in this biennial juried competition, now in its eighteenth season. 

I’m very excited and proud to represent Connecticut in this show.  But not just because I’m the only exhibiting artist from the Nutmeg State.  Morgan’s Flight depicts a nighttime aerial view of Bridgeport Center (Bridgeport, CT).

As I’ve mentioned before, this piece was inspired by the photography of Bridgeport native, professional pilot and photographer Morgan Kaolian.  The title of the piece is my way of acknowledging and thanking Morgan for letting me use his beautiful photos for inspiration and reference material.

Congratulations to all the QN’13 exhibitors!  To see a full list of participating artists and titles, visit the Dairy Barn’s website: http://dairybarn.org/quilt/index.php?section=226&page=381

QN_logoQuilt National ‘13 runs from May 24 – Sept 2, 2013
Dairy Barn Arts Center
8000 Dairy Lane
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 592-4981
www.dairybarn.org

4 comments:

  1. That's so exciting. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! But, I TOLD you so :^) Now my next task is to get the bank to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!