navbar

03 April 2012

Wow! Exciting Weekend in Philadelphia, Opening of AQE 2012

I’m back home but my head is still swimming from all the stunning artwork I saw during Fiber Philadelphia!  I visited at least half a dozen galleries but barely scratched the surface of the crazy, jam-packed fiber festival going on all over Philadelphia right now.

Themel_AQEThe best part (to be selfishly honest!) was the Opening of Art Quilt Elements 2012; seeing my work next to artists I admire such as Betty Busby, Mary Pal and Diane Firth to name only a few.

Jurors Elizabeth Barton, David Revere McFadden and Sandra Sider viewed nearly 800 images from 300 artist entries and chose just 45 pieces for the exhibition.

Here I am next to my AQE piece “Stars Not Included”. As you can probably tell, I was thrilled to have my work chosen for this incredibly diverse and inspiring collection. 

(photo by Diane Wright)

You can find a list of all 45 AQE exhibiting artists and titles on AQE’s website: http://www.artquiltelements.com/

More great news? YES! My quilt is included in the spring issue of Fiber Art Now magazine, part of an article about Fiber Philadelphia 2012.

Subscribe or purchase a single issue here: http://fiberartnow.net/subscribe/

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kate. You certainly deserved to be part of the exhibit and it is great that you could be there to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!