navbar

27 April 2012

It’s On: Viewpoints 9 First Challenge Quilt Complete

Themel_ItsOnThe Viewpoints 9 Gallery is on display now.  9 artists interpreted a musical piece by Vivaldi.  Check out the Viewpoints 9 blog to see them all, and read a statement from each artist about her work:
http://viewpoints9.blogspot.com

My piece It’s On is inspired by the feeling of excitement and speed I experienced while listening to Vivaldi.

The music reminded me of the first few minutes of a race… A lot of adrenaline, energy, momentum, a feeling of being chased.  The moments after the starting gun can be a little chaotic (which is why I tend to stay on the outside edge and hug the curb). Everyone is going in the same direction at different speeds. I sometimes feel like I’m being swept along, almost out of my control.  It takes a few minutes to calm down and get my bearings.  But pretty soon I get into a good rhythm and have fun.

Themel_ItsOn_detail

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful interpretation! I can almost hear Vivaldi as I look at your piece.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!