navbar

17 January 2011

Feb. 1 – 28, 2011: New Work on Display at The Funky Monkey Cafe & Gallery (Cheshire, CT)

2011PostcardFRONT

 

“Life… so far”

An Exhibition of Fiber Art

by Kate Themel

On Display February 1 – 28, 2011

at The Funky Monkey Cafe & Gallery

 

The show’s title refers to my journey so far – literally and creatively.  Compositions such as Safe Passage were inspired by the miles I’ve travelled and trips we’ve taken as a family.  But beyond that, I feel this collection of work illustrates an artistic style that is distinctly my own and has taken many years to develop.

“Life… So Far” will include all my newest art quilts such as self-portrait Kate at 40 and Lemme See! (featured on the show postcard) and selected work from 2009 and 2010.  You’ve seen them on the blog but they are much better in person!

Please come to the OPENING RECEPTION

Friday, February 11, 2011

7 – 9 PM at The Funky Monkey Cafe & Gallery 

130 Elm Street/ Watch Factory Shoppes

Cheshire, CT 06410

(203) 439-9161

Open Mon 9am-4pm; Tue-Thu 9am-8pm; Fri-Sat 9am-10pm; Sun 10am-4pm

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me! We to meet to talk about this last conference call...I'm just saying that so I can have another excuse to get to The Funky Monkey and SEE your work up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!