navbar

15 December 2010

Onions & Garlic – finished?

008

The quilting is done on “Onions & Garlic”. At least it is for now. I’m not completely convinced this is the best it can be. After a few disastrous experiments with organza and embroidery thread, I decided to use Angelina fibers for the onions’ stringy roots. Hmmmm… just not sure. I’ll let it sit a few days and come back to it.

Otherwise, I enjoyed doing the quilting on this one. I used several colors of thread, scribbling and meandering on top of other colors. I still may go back and add more quilting & add more detail later.

OnionsGarlic_SM_detail

Stay tuned… Next up: Calla Lilies!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I'm impressed that you have another idea at the ready. Here I am in the studio....reading blogs ;^(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!