navbar

21 October 2010

Next Croatia Quilt

TelescopeORIGHere’s the inspiration for my next quilt in the Croatia series…. tentatively named “Lemme See” and featuring my two sons.

I know I said I’d keep my family out of my blog.  But this piece is more about the relationship of big & little brothers than a real family portrait.  Besides, do you know how much it costs to hire child models?  These guys work for free!   LOL

Maybe I wanted to move onto this photo because of the bright colors – I guess all those drab grays in “Safe Passage” got me wanting some red white and blue (which are coincidentally the colors of both the US and Croatian flags).

So here are the first broad areas of color for the quilt top.  I kept giggling to myself as the pieces fell into place.  That spiky saw-tooth hair was a bit of a pain to cut, but it really makes the picture for me. 

Themel_telescopeBLOGTelescopeDetail

I decided to remove a lot of the original background and concentrate on the two figures.  I’m not sure if I’ll add anything in its place; it doesn’t matter what they’re looking at.

Sorry other family members… love ya but you’re cut from the scene.  Better luck next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,
    You are a girl after my own heart.......seems I always throw lots of thread on a quilt once I get it under the needle......within an inch of its life!
    Thanks for sharing your talents......always inspiring to see your work.
    LuAnn in Oregon
    tp://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!