navbar

13 October 2010

New Work: “Safe Passage” is Complete

"Porthole" is complete... but I’ve changed the title to "Safe Passage". SafePassage_blog

I'm very happy with the way it came out, and how quickly everything came together.  Here's a photo of the finished piece.


I'll include a detail of the quilting but I'm not sure if it will be readable at this size.
I'm pretty sure I will do another piece with some kind of rust in it. For some reason, orange is appealing to me right now. Maybe it's the change of seasons.

 SafePassageDetail_blog
Which might also explain my next composition "Maple Leaf".  It is a very simple pattern, just 2 fabrics. But I'm choosing two pretty bold patterns to bounce off each other. One is multi-colored with a lot of purples and greens, the other is a bright orange and pink batik. Sounds nuts? Yeah, it might be. But at least it won't take long to put together. The real fun will be the quilting - that's when I'll add all those tiny leaf veins.

This weekend I'm heading to NY for an artists retreat. I'll put together the pieces for Maple Leaf so I can take that with me and work on it. If I finish that one this weekend I'll be ahead of schedule for the month. My goal is to finish 2 pieces that are 24 x 32 each. Maple Leaf will only be 24 x 24 so I'll try to get one more started by the end of the month.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!