navbar

26 February 2010

“Sentinel”

 Sentinel_blog

Sentinel came together pretty quickly.  I didn’t spend a lot of time picking the colors; this blue/green batik was lying next to the hot pink and I just really liked the combination.  The only time spent on colors was finding a lighter pink for the frog’s belly. 

I decided not to distract from the combo by adding another color for the tree branch.  Instead, I used quilt stitching to create the branch’s dimension (see detail).  Sentinel_blogDetail

 

I did keep Sentinel’s eye his natural color, unlike the rest of the composition.  It just seemed unnecessary to mess with it. 

Next up? …with only 2 days left before the Funky Monkey show, I guess the next Frog Portrait may be the last of this batch.   Stay tuned for the closer.  :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!