navbar

24 August 2009

Finished: Welder

It was hard to photograph this one because of the metallic thread. Some of the sparkle is getting lost with the flash. But it's a little easier to see the stitching in the detail shot (hopefully). This may be my last one since the show will start in September.

This week I've started work on a new commission project. This one is pretty enormous, 9 individual quilts due in mid-October. No signs of things slowing down until then, so I'll still be working on overdrive.

I'm still struggling with a name for the "Challenge" collection, and I really need to settle on something so I can get promotional postcards in time. I think I like the idea of Snapshots in Time... but is there a more exciting way of putting it?

The concept is definitely taking shape as little snapshots, or moments in time, etc. They illustrate a moment captured or frozen... Not sure how to describe the collection.
Need help... Comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!