navbar

30 July 2009

New Work: Strawberry finished

Just finished. :-)
I was thinking about starting another plant-life one, this time a tree. Maybe it's because things are starting to bloom around the garden; we're seeing some tomatoes and squash coming to life, and the peas & lettuce have been going strong for weeks. I've been enjoying the outdoors lately (in between thunderstorms).

My original plan for the next quilt was for a portrait but I'm just not sure if I'm up to doing it. I have a picture of my dad that I've been saving for years. Every once in a while I consider making a quilted portrait but keep putting it off. It has to be done well, with the right colors, the right size... guess I haven't decided on the perfect composition yet.



1 comment:

  1. Kate, your strawberry is great. I like that you posted before and after the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are reviewed by the administrator of this blog, so please keep the language civil and relevant to the article. Comments containing advertisements, profanity or hate speech will be removed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!